As a supplier interested in doing business with Irving Shipbuilding Inc., it's important to understand the fundamentals of how the company conducts business and its code of ethics.
Key to a successful relationship, the Irving Shipbuilding Inc. (ISI) Supply Chain group makes supply chain decisions that create value for the company's customers. It's looking for proactive relationships that add value to its operations by delivering supply chains that are as efficient and as cost effective as possible.
Leading edge electronic systems are used to eliminate wasteful practices and costs. Irving regularly conducts LEAN initiatives (Kaizens, 5-S, Six Sigma) to analyze and further remove waste from its various supply chains.
The ISI Supply Chain group is committed to responding to all inquiries about possible involvement directly and in a timely manner. Those interested in becoming a supplier will find below the fundamentals of how the group conducts business with suppliers and how it views supplier relationships in general. Contract managers operate within the company's code of ethics in all business dealings.
Some questions for potential suppliers to consider when approaching Irving include:
1. Are your transactional processes digital?
- Read more special articles :
- - Local business community anticipates shipyard contract cash influx
- - Ships Start Here partnership keeping on course
- - Irving looking to build homegrown workforce
2. What value does your product/service have over your competition?
3. How does your proposal continually reduce waste?
4. Do you have an understanding of Irving Shipbuilding Inc.'s required terms and conditions?
5. Do you have a copy of your Liability Insurance, Worker's Compensation and banking information?
6. Do all your products have bar codes?
7. Do you have a complete electronic product list with current costs?
8. Does your company provide free samples for testing?
9. What is your company's D&B number?
10. What are your company's programs concerning continuous improvement?
11. What is your quality assurance process to ensure compliance to specified requirements?
12. What are your EDI capabilities?
13. What are the names and contact information of your senior management?
14. What is your 24/7 emergency contact number?
15. Do you have a documented safety program?
Further inquiries can be made to Adam Spence, Irving's supply chain manager, at: MSPVinfo@irvingshipbuilding.com.