Liteco has opened its newest Halifax location in the Vantage Complex...
• Liteco has opened its newest Halifax location in the Vantage Complex, 114 Chain Lake Dr., next door to the Wicker Emporium and Vintage Flooring.
• Just across the road, the foundation is now place and Lindsay is working on the long advertised Larex multi-tenant building.
• Speaking of new developments, every Armco lot along Hobsons Lake Drive is now under construction. In addition to the Bayers Lake Tower II and another multi-tenant Armco commercial project slated for occupancy this fall, Privateers Harley-Davidson is also moving there from its current location next to Lee Valley. The dealership’s new headquarters will boast two levels and 28,000 square feet of showroom, service and office space. The new location is designed to attract a younger demographic and will allow for the hosting of special in-store events.
• Dhaba Express, located on Oland Crescent, is now open for business. The new Indian restaurant features traditional dishes of Northern India, such as butter chicken and tandoori, but also spicier dishes from Southern India. The husband/wife team of Faizal and Salma Junus are the driving force behind the new operation, with Salma handling the cooking duties.
• Three minutes. That’s how long a new hepatitis B test from MedMira will take to return results. That’s apparently fast enough for the U.S. Army, which has given the Bayers Lake company a contract worth $2.2 million to develop the test and commercialize it. The test has yet to undergo clinical trails and will have to be approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration before it can go into use. Military applications of its rapid testing technology are new for MedMira, which recently completed a deal for the Canadian military to use its Multiplo test for HIV and hepatitis B and C.